Dear Future Client,
Hello, I’m Patty Hume, a REALTOR® based in Echo Park. I specialize in the north east side of Los Angeles (NELA): Silver Lake, Echo Park, Frogtown, Mt. Washington, Highland Park, Lincoln Heights, Boyle Heights, DTLA and adjacent neighborhoods. One of the big things that sets me apart from other real estate agents is that I am an award winning designer as well as a REALTOR®. I bring many years of valuable landscape, environmental design and place-making experience to the table when I am working with my clients.
- Local knowledge. I’m originally from the mid-west, I have lived in Echo Park for 12+ years. My husband, a native Angeleno, who grew up in Manhattan Beach, has been in Echo Park for 30+ years. We love the neighborhood and exploring the northeast side of Los Angeles, and DTLA. We own a c.1906 early Craftsman compound, in Angeleno Heights, that we are in the process of renovating.
- Strong design & planning experience. I have a BFA from the Cleveland Institute of Art and a Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning from the University of Pennsylvania. I worked for WET Design for a number of years designing multi-million dollar fountains and public spaces. I founded a successful environmental design studio, BREAKurban. I built projects both locally and internationally (on three continents). I have designed substantial gardens on both the east and west coast. I have experience choosing land for new construction. + I’m a LEED AP.
- Tech savvy. I am Mac based. I text and video chat. I’m never without my Macbook Air. I make use of DropBox, Evernote, Adobe software and countless apps for mobile devices that make it easy to communicate with my clients and close a deal quickly. I’m knowledgeable about Facebook advertising. I even built this website by myself! You would be shocked at how few agents are tech savvy. In this competitive real estate market, with many properties going into multiple offers, buyers and sellers need every advantage they can get!
- Income Property. My husband and I own and manage rental property in Echo Park, Los Angeles. I know first hand what it is like to live on owner occupied multi-family housing (otherwise known locally as a compound). And I can help you identify that perfect piece of income producing property, whether you want to live there or just rent it out.
- Landscape Design. I’m trained as a landscape designer and it is a huge asset to my real estate clients. I help Sellers stage their outdoor spaces and clean up their garden to showcase the property. I help Buyers understand the issues related to the landscape of potential homes and can help point out opportunities for creating indoor-outdoor spaces.
- “Nice mid-western girl”. My husband says I am a “nice mid-western girl” which makes me kinda mad, because it if were true I would still probably be living in Ohio. But I do have a lot of classic midwestern traits, like I am friendly, honest, trustworthy and I have a clear communication style.
- Q + A Events. About once every quarter I host a 1st Time Home Buyer Q + A for people thinking about buying their first property. If you would like to attend the next one just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll add you to that invite list.
- Social Media Savvy. Ask me to teach you about Facebook advertising. You can me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin.
Want to chat and see if we would be a good fit to work together? Do you have specific questions you want answered? Email or call me today at 213-375-0133.
P.S. I send out a monthly real estate newsletter, which highlights NELA neighborhoods, things to do, market updates, upcoming events, new listings and other valuable information.